1. I haven’t done an update on our garden in awhile. It is looking really pitiful right now, in that our tomato plants look awful and nothing is growing except rosemary and lavender! It’s a far cry from what it looked like in it’s prime in July! I’m going to finish pulling up the rest of the stuff this week, and begin planting fall crops. The good thing is we still have our CSA farm share and have no shortage of amazing local veggies (and we actually got a “baby” watermelon last week!).
2. On a whim, I purchased the Canon 50L lens to add to my ever-growing collection of L glass lenses. Woohoo!!
3. This coming weekend I’m heading down to the Outer Banks for a girls weekend (you may remember two years ago we did the same thing!). Luckily the house is on the ocean side of Duck verse the sound part and no damage was done by Hurricane Irene. Bring on the good times!
4. Is anyone else patiently waiting for Apple to announce the iPhone 5?? The rumors are stating that pre-orders will be at the end of September with a launch date of October 7th. I desperately need a new phone, so much so that I can’t write texts or emails on my phone without going crazy turning my phone one way or the other to get the letter I need typed.
5. I’ve mentioned a time or two about how I also teach Zumba in the area. Since the spring I’ve been teaching ZumbAtomic to kids at the Hamilton YMCA. I was lucky enough to have some really sweet girls this summer. On the last day of class we put on a show for the parents and luckily one mom agreed to take a group photo with my camera. She was a bit intimidated by the size but rocked it out! FYI: there are two ZumbAtomic classes starting on Thursday September 15th, one for 4-7 year olds at 4:00 and 8-12 year olds at 5:00. The classes typically run for 8 weeks. You can register online.