1. I can’t believe it’s the first of May already! Growing up (and even until three years ago when we moved up here), the first of May always meant warmer weather and the end of the school year! SUMMER!!!! Most people have a good grip on when they are going on vacation but Anthony and I are still scrambling to figure that out. As a type-A, OCD planner, it gives me anxiety to not already know any of this. It always works out but man it’s stressful. Are you doing anything fun for the summer?
2. This week I finally got around to planting more seeds in our garden: okra, squash, and onions. I will get some bush beans out there very soon. I also have some seedlings I need to transplant. To find the time…
3. Have you guys missed seeing my sewing projects? I’ve been on a hiatus from sewing, not for a specific reason other than I’ve been busy. I have been itching to get back in, I’m hoping the summer doesn’t go by before I get back to it. I have all these thoughts in my head about making skirts and simple, summer dresses…one day!!
4. My love of reading is still going strong. Some favorites I’ve read recently (you can find all the books I read here: Room, Breaking Night (which I spoke a little about here) and The Art of Racing in the Rain. I’m not a big animal person, The Art of Racing in the Rain is told from the perspective of a dog, and man it got me! Do you have a book you’ve read recently that I should check out? I have The Tiger’s Wife from the library but I believe I have to return it very soon or else I’d start on it right away.
5. Spring is here!! Yes, I know there are many who aren’t fans of spring because of all the pollen and allergies but I love it! Everything is finally back in bloom and there is LIFE! You see people coming out of hibernation, going on walks and runs, barbequing, and the like.
To finish the post off with a photo of a beautiful dogwood tree from the seminary’s campus.