It’s been awhile since I’ve done a five on friday! Bringing it back ole school style!
1. Um, it’s the middle of September! How did that happen? I’m not sure where the summer went. The hustle and bustle of school time is upon us and you know what that means??? Fall sessions!! I have two more dates available for sessions before the holidays. Don’t wait until the last minute to get your fall/Christmas photos taken. Contact me ASAP to get those last two dates.
2. Anthony has started the second round of his comprehensive exams. If you can remember, he can use some good thoughts on Thursdays from here until the second week of October. Save us all from the insanity! We are both ready for it to be over (as all the other 3rd year PhD students and spouses are too!).
3. Our adventures in canning seems to be going well. I’m not sure how much more we’ll have to can before our farm share is up, but we have a nice stockpile of diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa, salsa verde (green salsa) and jalapenos. Makes me excited for fall and winter – now that I know we’ll have fresh ingredients then.
4. Have I mentioned on here that I am now licensed to teach ZUMBA Gold and ZumbAtomic??? I know what you are thinking – how on earth does that woman manage everything?!?!? (you were thinking that, right???) Well I haven’t been managing very well, BUT I will now have more time to devote to it. I will soon be offering ZumbAtomic (which is for kiddos aged 4-12). Just give me a few weeks and I’ll let you know where I’ll be teaching it. Very excited about this opportunity!
5. The demolition of our apartment complex has begun – it’s finally happening! It’s bittersweet to see these things being torn down but no one should seriously have to live in the conditions we do! I have an all-access pass (with a hard hat and boots) to the site since we have to document the process for the seminary. Here are a few photos of the process (it’s taking some time because they are recycling what they can along the way.) As of today, out of the 7 buildings that are being torn down, 5 are down. It’s such a different landscape to look out and see trees and machinery verse buildings. More updates on this as the new buildings are erected!