1. Wednesday night Anthony and I hosted the church history PhD students and their spouses to dinner. Anthony has been in this program for a year, and I was finally meeting 2 of the couples. There were 9 of us all together; the most people we’ve ever entertained for. We had maple BBQ brisket, roasted veggies, corn on the cob, ceasar salad, rolls, homemade chocolate chip cookies. Man it was a feast!
2. I really don’t like the rain. Last Thursday it started raining here and just has not stopped; until today! The sun is out and I don’t think rain is even in the forecast.
3. Every month I get together with a group of seminary spouses for dinner and book club. It dawned on me just yesterday that I hadn’t started reading the book and we are getting together this Tuesday. I stopped reading It Sucked and Then I Cried by Heather Armstrong and got to reading The Princess Bride (as in the movie!) by William Goldman. I’m about halfway done and am enjoying it.
4. My confession is I’ve only see The Princess Bride the movie once and I don’t remember much about it. I know that its a favorite among many people. I really didn’t watch much TV or movies growing up (just something my family never did) so I guess I lead a sheltered pop culture life.
5. I am beyond excited for this announcement. June 13-19th Anthony and I will be in OKLAHOMA. I am booking sessions now! Please email me for details.